Seating is an everyday necessity; it impacts how we function at home and outdoors. Therefore, we understand the discomfort caused by postural changes. Step forward OT offers specialist seating assessments for clients presenting with a variety of limitations within their seating. From comfort-related advice for armchair, rise and recliners, to specialist assessment for a self-propelling wheelchair, transit wheelchairs and tilt and space chairs. Alongside provided assessment for complex seating such as those with poor head and upper body control, or windswept lower limbs.
How can we assist
Services we offer
- Postural seating assessment
- Advice and sourcing of a variety of specialist chairs
- Armchair and rise and recliner assessments
- Indoor and outdoor wheelchair assessments
- Bespoke tilt and space chair assessments for neurological impairments
- Pressure care advice
- Joint assessments with community services
- Home assessment for wheelchair accessibility
- Indoor and outdoor ramping
- Referral support
Expected Client Outcome
We offer services for clients with a verity of compromised seating needs, our aim is to enable clients to remain comfortable when in a seated position, alongside retain skin integrity through adequate pressure care management.